My Journey

Here are the thoughts, fears and lessons that I am experiencing everyday... This is me being transparent to anyone and everyone... This is my journey... my stories...during a time of suffering...

Sunday, February 17, 2008

Come Along Side

The last year of my life has been one that I wouldn't say that I am proud of. There are many decisions that I have made that I feel very ashamed of... and ones that I will look back on with pain and regret.
As much as I would like to say that I would take it all back and change everything, I can't. Even though I am full of regret, the things that God is doing in my life and in my heart are no less than miracles.
Everyday I am amazed by God's mercy and Love. He has taken me out of a pit that I had fallen so deep into that I believed I had no way out. I was living a life that had no hope. I didn't realize that I had fallen so far from God... that all my confusion and emptiness was not caused by a person...but instead because I had no connection with my creator . I had shoved him so far out of my life that I couldn't see where I was going - I was trying to live my way... I thought I could take care of it.
Sadly, but not surprisingly, I was wrong. God had shown me that my way wasn't going to work...My way had led me down a path of pain and suffering...my way had taken me to where I never wanted to go.
Everyday I thank God for my second chance... my second chance with Him. I know that I don't deserve what he has given me, and I praise him for all that I have... and all that I don't.
I am trying daily to live His way...even though I do not have what I want... I know that God's plan will be so much more. I have chosen to trust Him with my life so that I can live the life He has laid out for me.
This does not mean that I do not feel my pain... I feel every ounce of it every moment...but some how God has made me stronger so that I can make it through.
I write this post to say... that before you judge a situation or a person, maybe you should look deeper... maybe you should come along side that person who is hurting... pray for them.... love them, and hope that you never have to feel so lost...so scared, that you give up everything that means the world to you.
God you are so good - you give and take away.... and no matter what, I will love you through it all. You are a wonderful and mighty God :)

I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand and say to you, "Do not fear, I will help you."
Isaiah 41:13

No comments: